Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i get help to pay for me rent im a college student?

Hello everyone,


I would like to know if there is any program that helps young folks on risk of being homeless


to pay for their rent or the half of it.


I dont have my parents with me and i dont get any help or support from them. I've been working in a part time job for 2 years, it has helped me to pay for my bills (phone, car ensurance, food, clothing, gas, internet,etc) All this time i've been living with grandparents but its time to leave the house because they are moving to live in another country, thus ill be by myself. Im a college student therefore I cant work full-time.. and I know School is first, whatever happens I will never leave school. but the only thing I am worry about is having a place to live.


I would appreciate your help, advice or comments


Thanks.How can i get help to pay for me rent im a college student?
First of all, yes you can work full-time as a college student... many of us do. If you don't feel that you will have enough time, then work full-time and attend school part-time. There is housing assistance available, but families, the elderly, and the disabled get first dibs and the waiting list can be 7+ years. It is unusual for able-bodied young adults to qualify for housing assistance. There may be shelters in your city that you can live in as well. Your best and cheapest option is to simply rent a room instead of an entire apartment. Another option is to share an apartment with many roommates. Or, live in on-campus housing and take out more loans or find scholarship money. You may need to get rid of you car (then you won't have gas or insurance) and find a place to live close to public transportation. You can also get rid of your phone and internet to save money as well. It can be tough trying to figure out what your necessities are, but the top priorities are obviously food and a roof over your head and health insurance if you can afford it. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment