Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need help with a rental property.Tenant lost child support and cannot pay the rent.Can she get help from PA?

I want to find out how I can help her yet at the same time still get my rental income without having to kick her out. I cannot find anything on PA's website. Please help?!@!@#!@!I need help with a rental property.Tenant lost child support and cannot pay the rent.Can she get help from PA?
Probably not, and its her problem anyhow. I suggest you begin eviction proceedings immediately when she is late on her rent.





I hate to sound like scrooge here, and I'm sorry she lost her child support, but I've heard so many excuses I just can't even listen to them anymore. If you helped her with this, there would be some other money problem a little bit down the road, and since you helped her once guess who she'd be looking for more help from next time. I promise you, help her with this and you will be appreciated for one minute and then used as a sucker for the remainder of the lease.





Besides, getting back to you original question. Possibly she could get help from the section 8 bureau in your area (or some other local group), but the groups that run this may takes months to approve somebody. You (as the landlord) also would then have to deal with these guys, and thats not worth it either. THey may require extra (often unnecessary) repairs, they simply will stop paying (often without notice) if anything goes wrong with the tenant - its just not worth it. As a landlord I refuse section 8 tenants as a policy.





So, don't be overly nice, just tell her you can't help her, you wish her the best but you will have to evict her if she can't get the rent (no matter what the excuse is).

No comments:

Post a Comment