Friday, August 20, 2010

Smart person has problems - help?

Starting over. I am 50 plus and am at home with my mom. I have a real problem finding a safe place to live on less than 600 allocated for rent, max is 800. I have no idea where to go now. I have tried to relocate to other cities (am outside of dc) but also have few job skills and am unemployed. I have a BA from 1979 and am literate, smart, well educated, etc. I suffer from depression and have no idea how to start over again - being at my mother's one bedroom rental apt is great but very hard, no room and I cannot help her enough without a job. I have no car. I have no savings. I have a few things in storage but not worth a lot. I have a doctor for meds, and health insurance, but the last few years have been very difficult. I have not been able to locate a psychologist or social worker even though I have insurance - no one knows where to start. Possibly a group for depression? Or just move to a room and go from there? In the past I have had no plan, and end up in more debt and depression. I cannot afford to do that again, my instincts tell me to get really serious about locating help and getting back on a realistic track for some kind of sustainable future. Serious replies only.Smart person has problems - help?
I am your age but being in Australia cannot tell you where to find depression groups in USA , such groups exist here and if you hunt around both online and by asking at Social Welfare office or at the pharmacy or the doctor or by looking in the phone book it must be possible to track down such groups. It isn't as if they are like the Mafia and keep themselves secret. I have two jobs and one of them is in the social welfare line and I have a little experience of people with similar problems as you. It is essential that you find a support group and in the mean time try to remain positive and also look for voluntary work in what ever area is available. Soup kitchen , local school ,sports club , volunteer fire brigade , local library , second hand shop for poor people. All of those and many more are available in my town of 4,000 people so in a bigger place they would have to also exist. I realise that volunteer work does not bring in money but it does give you a sense of self esteem and it brings you into contact with people in similar situations as yourself and often through contacts you make paid work will follow. You need to get out and become active in your local community and get involved and be constantly on the look out for opportunities to get work of any kind including cleaning work or similar unskilled jobs.Smart person has problems - help?
Hi friend





If you have to get really cheap health insurance , here is what you have to do:





Visit this site http://FreeQuotesForYou.Info





sign free





Get 30% discount!!!





I really hope that helps
Your insurance co should be able to tell you what psychologists/counselors accept your ins. There should also be a state or govt Unemployment/Workforce Service that can help you work on your resume, find a job and/or get into training program. I'm sure there a groups for depression in your area, call a hospital and they would probably be able to direct you. I wouldn't move out until I found a job, then move someplace near it.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment