Friday, August 20, 2010

PLEASE HELP! Am I able to keep my baby's father away from my son when he's born or do I not have a choice?

I was dating a guy last year in October, but he had to move to Texas for 5 months, to stay with his family and get financially stable; then he would move back here to Florida to be together again. This was my first long distant relationship, but I was committed and he said he was also. We kept in touch, through the phone, through MySpace and everything seemed to be good between us. I found out he had been dating another girl at the same time as me since the beginning of our relationship, but she was from Kansas.I was mad and heartbroken and never the same. I don't know why, but I ended up sticking around with him, but I put my guard up and became a little more insecure. I would ask questions what he was doing in Texas and he would just think I was nagging or being nosey and he said I should just trust him because he said he loved me. He finally came back here to Florida to be with me. For 5 months, I just worked and saved money to keep focused in my life. With the money I saved up, I was able to rent out my first apartment for the both of us when he got back also. I was happy he was back, but saw that he acted a bit different. When he came back (which was this past May), I found out a month later that I was pregnant. I also found out that while he was in Texas, he hooked up with another girl, and had been keeping touch with her through MySpace. I saw him on the computer checking her profile and I asked why was he still talking to her, and he said that she's just a friend. But it doesn't make sense that he calls her a friend, who was the same person he cheated on me with and he thinks I'm tripping out because he was here with me and not her. It hurt me, because I know that everything he was saying was a lie, that I didn't deserve how I was being treated. We started getting into fights, to the point where I'd make him so mad, that he choked me and pushed me and screamed at me, and he even put bruises on my arms, all this WHILE I WAS PREGNANT!; shame on me for not reporting this to the police! Long story short, he moved back to Texas about a month ago, and a couple days later, he started dating the same girl that he was cheating on me with. He said that it's my fault that he left, because I started getting mad at him, and tripping out. I was never like this before, and the only reason why I was mad and a little crazy is because a person can only take so much and I had nervous breakdowns because of how I was treated. It was so bad, that I was diagnosed with depression and stress and I even had suicidal tendencies while I am pregnant right now. I got on medication, and feel much better. He tries to keep touch, but I tell him to leave me alone.He is in Texas, he's 31, and still lives with his parents. He left me here depressed and stressed because of what he did to me. He is a deadbeat father, because he even has a 6 yr. old daughter by another girl, whom he also has left behind here in Florida and I know that he has to pay for child support for her too.


It's my best interest to keep my child safe from a guy who is selfish and doesn't have his life together; he left me to be pregnant and take care of this responsibility myself.. I'm grateful for my parents being here for me, but I know this isn't easy for them either. He drove me to insanity, and no female ever wants to go through the heartache of being used, abused, cheated on and lied to... as far as my baby, I would sacrifice everything I can to protect my child. A friend of mine said the best thing to do MIGHT be to try and get him to sign over his custody rights over completely, and then later, hit him with the child support. That way, he has no right to be around my child. I'm soo sorry this is long and I thank anyone that has taken the time to read this; I appreciate your concerns to help in any way possible.. Please help! I'm out of answers and trying to plan this out before time runs out.. Thank you soo much, God Bless you all..PLEASE HELP! Am I able to keep my baby's father away from my son when he's born or do I not have a choice?
Because you don't have any legal proof of his abuse, like a police report or a restraining order, it will be almost impossible to get a judge to keep him away from his child. You can't just say ';hey this guy is a jerk to me so keep him away'; because the judge will say that that has nothing to do with the child and that he may still treat the child well despite how he treated you. Go to the police station, tell them ur situation and see if there is still something u can do you that u can atleast have proof of the abuse. If all else fails try to get him to sign away his rights, but this guy sounds like he won't be around anyway, so u might not have to worry about that. Good luck to you and I hope everything turns out for the best.PLEASE HELP! Am I able to keep my baby's father away from my son when he's born or do I not have a choice?
first of all HE DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS...........UNTIL HE LIMGITIMATE.......and he can not do this until he get you in court .....best thing to do is get a child support order and stay clear of this prick........

Report Abuse



He has every right. It's his child too. You are the one who chose him to be the father of your child!
It's completely up to you who you will allow inwhen baby is born. After birth you can get a restraining order against him on you %26amp; baby. I would talk to a lawyer if you still have ne ?'s
He can't sign over his rights til the baby is born.and it will have to be through court. You should have called the police on him so they have a record of what he did to you, but since u didn't that doesnt matter. If he does not go to the hospital with you when you have your child and does NOT sign the birth certificate you automatically have full custody unless he goes to court and get a paternity test done and fights you for custody! but that is when you will bring up the way he treated you and hopefully there is no judge anywhere that will grant him custody/unsupervised visitations.





Also with the medications abot depressions/suicidal tendencies- GET OVER THAT RIGHT AWAY! you can have your child taken away because CPS will think he/she is in danger.





Honestly, if you dont want him in your childs life, dont ever talk to him again dont tell him how far along you are or anything else. Just have your baby and live your life. Congrats %26amp; good luck





- im sorry for what you went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment