Friday, August 20, 2010

How can my son get out of his apartment lease?

We live in Texas, and my son moved in with a friend of his, and his friend's mom two years ago. They (not my son) are always late in paying rent, utilities, ect. Their electricity is turned off every month because of this. His friend is lazy and won't get a job, and my son just signed another 14 month lease. My son and his brother (my other son) are planning to rent an apt together somewhere else, but need to get out of this lease first. Are there any loopholes or something that can help him?How can my son get out of his apartment lease?
wow. Please tell me why the son signed


another lease?





And yes, he has two options available to him


and he can use them both, rather than


a or b only--





a; Son needs to immediately sue the non-payment tenant roommate. There is no friendship lost.





b. Have you son find a new roommate


that will sign a new type of lease;


in this case, YOUR son is the landlord.


YOUR son can get any prospective


tenant who will accept it--the tenant's boss


to pay the rent direct to him thus creating


a SANDWICH lease. YOUR son is the


landlord during the length of time HIS


lease exists with the real landlord.





YOU can also check his lease to see if there is an ';available early exit


lease payment option.'; I am guessing there


is not.





if you wish further help, I am an


expert in landlord tenant law.How can my son get out of his apartment lease?
Did someone drop your son on his head, causing him to lose consciousness, while he was signing that 14 month lease ? What on earth was he thinking, signing such an extension with the conditions you are describing ?





Unless the landlord allows him to exit the lease, he's stuck for another fourteen months. Something isn't really adding up here. Why did the landlord offer a lease extension if these other folks are as bad as you claim they are ?
he signed another lease - I assume he likes it there.





However, I'm betting that he is just lazy himself - WHY, because I'm guessing that Mom does everything for him.





Cut the string and let the kid move on with his life.
It depends on the landlord..Sometimes they are cool, and let you out of the lease if you can find someone to take your place and sign a new lease. So basically you have to do their job and fill the apt..
Have him talk to the landlord/apt manager. A lot of times they will allow someone to be removed from the lease if they know that the remaining tenants can pay the rent on their own.
http://www.texastenant.org/
no loopholes

No comments:

Post a Comment