Friday, August 20, 2010

What should I do?My tranny just went out and I am about to get a devorce.All I have is rent money.?

I am about to get a devorce from a woman whom had two kids before we got married.She left me and now I have a two bedroom apartment that's $1040.00 a month and it is due as I speak.My transmission just went out and I can get it fixed but only if I use my rent money to do so.Should I break my lease and fix my car then move to a cheaper place?I found a place for 500.00 a month.I don't even have a way back and fourth to work.My co worker takes me to work but how long will this last.I really need my car fixed and everyone is telling me to go to my leasing office and tell them that I can't afford this place anymore because of a devorce and the waist of money being spent on a two bedroom and it is only me.All I need now is just a tiny little place.The bank said that they might be able to help with the repairs but I need to give them 500.00 first.I don't feel good about the banks help because the process could take too long and I need my car fixed now.I brought the car two months ago as is.What should I do?My tranny just went out and I am about to get a devorce.All I have is rent money.?
first off try explaining to yor land lord most will work with u. Lil known fact is they can't legally kick u out till they get a sheriffs dept to serve the eviction notice then u have 90 days from then. it's more trouble than it's really worth. plus then he has the head ache of trying to rent it out again. but I'm sure if this is a one time thing u two could work something out he loses money in the long run by not if u know what i mean?What should I do?My tranny just went out and I am about to get a devorce.All I have is rent money.?
consider getting a roommate,or sublet the apt. until the lease is up. moving and paying for breaking a lease is expensive.if you wife was on the lease too, she may be responsible for breaking it. you should have some legal recourse for this.laws vary from state to state. sorry you are having a tough time. best wishes
I think without your car you may lose your job anyways eventually and in that case you cannot pay rent either right? Either go with the option to rent a cheaper place or ask the rental place if they can wait for the rest of it. Sounds to me like breaking the lease may be the option here but keep in mind that they will most likely keep your security deposit and the new place will not doubt want one up front.
Okay, this is what I would do given the info provided: You must have a place to live but your current residence is creating financial hardship. If you can get the place for $500 I would do it, fast. Your co-worker can continue to give you a ride as you work toward fixing your car. The fact that your rent will be cut in two will help you toward that goal, a couple of months at worst. Good luck to you and God bless.
get drunk
Yes. Start by telling apartment management your situation. They might work something out with you. If not, you were thinking of breaking the lease anyway. At least, you tried. After all, wasn't her name on the paperwork, too?????





Can't you take public transportation for a while? Or walk or bike.. I do and so do a lot of other people in this world.





I think your living situation should come before a car; unless, you live in a place so desolate a person MUST have wheels to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment