Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I want to rent a room in my home to elderly person i want to give room and board and help with appointment?

how much can i get for rent in s.c state i will give them mealsI want to rent a room in my home to elderly person i want to give room and board and help with appointment?
I'd think long and hard about claiming them as a dependent unless they have no income of their own. Especially if you are charging them rent and THEY are paying it. Very doubtful you could meet the necessary qualifications. A quick visit to http://irs.gov and type dependents into the search box will educate you on the requirements for such a bold move.





Be aware that when you get into the giving care arena you are enter a new category as opposed to just renting to someone and there may be state requirments that you have to meet.





You are very kind to think of doing this for an elder person.I want to rent a room in my home to elderly person i want to give room and board and help with appointment?
There should be a local number for senior care services in your city. They can tell you both what you need to do to obtain a license to do this and how much you can charge.





You can NOT go around claiming them on your income tax though! You can only do that if they are relatives and NOT paying you for room and board.
I did this with my step mother years ago and she gave me $200 a month plus a little extra for groceries so I would think you should be able to get at least twice that today. If you provide other care like getting them to appointments you may be able to claim them on your income taxes, I did
  • Skin tag or something more serious
  • kids hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment