Friday, August 20, 2010

What should I do when my landlord will not get rid of MOLD?

I have rented out a place, and had a bad leak, that the landlord took forever to repair. And after being brought to her attention about the mold growing, they finally repaired the leak.. I know have little flying nats, (fruit flies?) flying around my house, mainly in the kitchen, where I can not leave any food out, they invade my space. The drawers where the silver wear goes, has collected massive amounts of mold. (I have Pictures!) I have cleaned the area more then once with bleach. The mold has since grown within the walls, the back splash/ boarder is now swelling and detaching itself from the wall. - I can not feed my kids without cleaning the silver wear and plates with bleach. - I have a 10yr old, with sever headaches, 6 yr old with chronic allergies, and a 4 year old waking up with a bloody nose. and a 2 month old nephew (my sister shares the rent with me.) I did not think about the kids being sick, until someone brought to my attention how dangerous this mold can be. I have since then, tried calling the land lord, she forwards me to her voice mail. - Today I called again, left her another message... and she called me back to say she was, ';busy last night, and I am in a meeting at work, she'll call me later.'; it's now almost 9pm, I doubt this will happen tonite either. - This place is no longer livable. Yes, we can move. BUT! - I have no money to get out of our current home to go to another. Any ideas, or help... I would appreciate. Thank You.


This has been end of Jan. Feb. %26amp; March.... now April. - Stop paying rent is on my agenda!?What should I do when my landlord will not get rid of MOLD?
You must notify your Local Health Department - this is a health issue - get an inspector over to your apartment immediately. Landlords must provide a healthy environment - they can't collect rent on swamps.What should I do when my landlord will not get rid of MOLD?
You may have to contact an attorney about your rent. Best for you and your family to leave this rental immediately. Go to a relative or friends home until you can locate a new residence. Mold spores are nothing to mess with.
You do need to get the hell out of there, mold is HORRIBLE for your health. It's illegal for the landlord to be renting it to you with mold. You will have to move or stay at a hotel cause she will need to renovate it. Report her.
Mold is a hazard to your Health. Give your Landlord(lady) one more chance to take care of it and if refusing to do so immediately, call the Health Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment