Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I kick my sister out of my apartment?

My sister is 30 years old and lives in my apartment. She has a job but makes very little money, just enough to get by. She works 40 hours but has no education to get a better job. She has lived with me for 5 years now since my father died but pays no rent. She can only afford to pay her car, insurance, and some of the house bills. I don't know how to get her out when she does not have the financial means to get her own apartment. What can I do to help get her out on her own?How can I kick my sister out of my apartment?
Encourage her to move to a town where her 40 hours of paid employment will go further than it is now.





I find it hard to believe that she has not gotten a cost of living raise or that after 5 years her car is not paid off.





I think she is spending her money elsewhere and you are getting stuck with supporting her.





It's called tough love - not easy, but don't you deserve a chance at using your money for you?How can I kick my sister out of my apartment?
I hate to put you on a guilt trip, My wife and I have a 33 son who we threw out 10 years hoping it would wake him up, it didn't, we still support him. I also know 2 woman who had younger sisters they had to support but they finally gave up. The 2 younger sisters killed themselves . I could never live with myself if that happened to our son. There's really no good answers. Good Luck.
If you want to ';kick her out'; the mean way, you'll have to do like landlords do and go to court to get an eviction notice. Even if she pays no rent she has claimed residency there and you can't just decide one day to toss her.





It sounds like she needs to get some public assistance for housing and other things, like food stamps. There are places in your area that can help her find affordable housing or help her obtain Section VIII that helps pay the rent based on income.





Good luck!
let her know she has 30 days to vacate and save and get out otherwise in september ur filing eviction papers to have her removed. give her a couple of weeks to save up. just keep buggin her so she gets sick of your nagging and finally leaves. shes 30 she needs to grow up and pay her own way like everyone else.
why not have her help pay rent?


or


you can serve her with a 30 day notice to vacate.


or


you can help her save money to move out...but you will probably continue to help her as time goes by.





good luck
have her look into getting a second job....why does she NOT pay rent..is she on the lease...where else is her money going...u have to look at the big picture b4 u just send her packin....there are laws and things and just kicking her out may back fire..look at ALL your options and try to talk to her...is she trying to mooch off of you...are you scared to say something...it might be tough but u have to try or u will be miserable and broke...why do you want to kick her out...so many questions...and if she dont have money now how will she have it to get an apt..maybe she will have to get a second job then save and move out....its alot to think about but if it bothers you then you got things you need to take care of..
what is she spending money on that she can't afford any rent? that should be the first bill she pays. Does she have credit card debt? Does she go out partying every weekend? DOes she spend money on cigarettes? If yes, lay down the law - give her 6 months to start paying fair rent or she has to leave and find another roommate. Tell her to get a second job if necessary.
I not trying to judge but, something isnt adding up here. Working 40 hours a week at minimun wage should give her enough money to pay you something. Anyway, if you have an apartment in your name and she is just living with you with no kind of agreement, it will be considered month to month. In the state that I live in, we are required to give a 2 week written notice. Check what your state requires. If what you are telling is the truth, again im not here to judge, Bring it up to her, work it out and give her a chance to start paying you. All in all though, I know how it is to live with horrible room mates and life can get really bad, sometimes for your own sake it is better to get rid of them
Tell her she will have to pay some rent. You should not have to support your sister. She should be willing to get a second job to cover her expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment