Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How much should I be charging for nannying three children?

I nanny three children ages 13 months, 3 years, and 5 years. The 5 year old is in kindergarten, but summer is coming soon and she will be with me all day then. The 3 year old has part-day preschool.


I arrive at 5:30 a.m. and stay until 6:00 p.m. every day of the week, getting a few days off each month, so my hours even out to about 75 hours per week.


I am expected to cook and serve each meal during the day, plus snacks, and make sure dinner is ready for the parents when they get home. I also grocery shop, and keep up their house. I give the children baths and help them with school work and everything. I take them out to parks and on walks and read to them daily.


I have three years of education on the subject of education of young children and school-aged children, and a decade of experience caring for children of varying ages.


They both have very good jobs. I am not a live-in nanny, so I pay my own rent, and they don't have any benefits or anything for me.


How much would you pay/charge/think I should charge?


I think they are trying to low-ball me, so I am trying to get other's opinions. Any questions, let me know I will clarify.How much should I be charging for nannying three children?
Well I have been a nanny on occasion and I will just tell you that most parents will try to low ball you. Here is some info on jobs that I have done before...I was a nanny to a baby, preschooler and school age child. I was there from 7-4 Monday thru Friday and was expected to make the kids lunch and have activities planned for them throughout the day. I charged $500 a week minimum for a basic nanny job, and if they wanted me to do more like clean, laundry, grocery shot etc then I would adjust the price accordingly. Good luck, it seems like you are going to need it because that family doesn't want a nanny they want someone to raise their kids for them!How much should I be charging for nannying three children?
I was charging 15 to 21 dls an hour... in your case that would be 21 dls cause you even keep up the house.. if they had a housekeeper at least twice a week... I would charge 17 dls... cause you still have to pick up stuff, make beds, and all that. No less than that... specially if you have experience.
I would pay you $500 a week + gas compensation up to $40 a week


and petty cash of $5-$50 a day depending on what you were doing with my children.








oops I didn't see the part about dinner for the parents and house up keep





I say $650 a week!
Charge them US$50 per hour because they'll pay it, especially if you guilt them into paying you more because they abandon their children to you, a stranger.
try between 5-7$/h per kid.. sounds reasonable to me .. 15-21$/h .. what do u think?

No comments:

Post a Comment