Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am 8 months pregnant but have to move out! Can't find a house to rent that allows dogs! Please help!?

I really need some advice, so please offer whatever good suggestions you have. I am eight months pregnant with my first baby. My husband and I are 32 and 39 yeays of age. We don't smoke but we own two large dogs who are very well behaved, house-broken etc. They are 7 and 5 years of age. This old farmhouse I have rented for the past seven years is falling apart and the landlord doesn't want to put any money into it. He is getting ready to sell it to developers in the near future and the water here isn't even good..the well tested positive for coliform bacteria recently. We have been looking for months and have yet to come across a house for rent that will allow us to have dogs. The thought of parting with my dog just kills me and has caused me a lot of stress and sleepless nights. I am due October 7th and I have to move from this place, it is unfit for a baby.How can I find a house for rent that allows dogs? I love my dogs and don't want to be forced to part with them or put them downI am 8 months pregnant but have to move out! Can't find a house to rent that allows dogs! Please help!?
I also have 2 dogs... One is an Akita (very large) the other a Shih tzu. I just really had to look and look a lot. We hired a real estate agent. It only costs about 200 dollars and they do all of the work for you. All you have to do is go look and pick a house. We also paid an additional 300 dollar pet deposit and pay 50 dollars extra per month for the pets. However, we have a GREAT house with a great big yard (very hard to find in Las Vegas!) and it's worth every penny to have our dogs with us! Call your local realtor and ask what kind of rentals they have listed. Most homes that are for sale are also listed for rent. Good Luck!


Very best wishes!I am 8 months pregnant but have to move out! Can't find a house to rent that allows dogs! Please help!?
Just one extra suggestion-- when you talk to someone on the phone who doesn't instantly and vehemently say NO PETS, try suggesting an additional pet deposit or higher rent to make up for it.
where are you from
From the experience, I can say that you will find small rental booklets of houses in Grocery shops such as - shop rites, Achme, Pathmark, Foodtown etc. This comes new every month showing rental areas, address, phone no, contact reference and location, no.bed rooms/areas sq.ft and rent.





You can note down 10 - 12 such locations ans start calling to find if they allow pets in the appartment. Normally they allow because I have seen many single moms who keep pets as their company and they live there.
Sometime you have to make sacrifices...either farm the dogs out or live on the street, it's that simple. (sorry)
You can check your local newspaper online and search for a house that allows pets. Why not try to buy a house. That is what we decided to do. 3 dogs and there is no way anyone will rent when you have a 120 pound doberman. Rent.com is a good site. I hope you find a place soon, I also could never part from my sweet puppies! Good Luck!
first of all it might help if you included the state you lived in. I am pregnant too, and yet i dont have any dogs... you might want to just check with some local real estate agents, they could probably point you in some direction. Best of luck
Sometimes you can pay an extra dog deposit and then the landlord will work with you. I have no idea where you are from so I can't tell you of any places that I know of if I don't know what state you are in. Anyway, maybe someone can keep the dogs for you. MOm, Dad or sibling.
see if you can leave the dogs with a family member or a friend...you can pay a boarding fee for the 2 dogs and also buy the food.
use Rent .com


ApartmentFinder.com











u did not mentioned the location
Post in pets too, but keep looking in the papers and on www.craigslist.com for pet friendly rentals. Do your dogs have their CGC, or could they get it (canine good citizen award- basically shows your dog is decently trained and social). Also, a ref. from your soon to be ex landlord stating they have not been an issue should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment