Friday, August 20, 2010

I have a terrible accomodation problem. My debts have put me in a position where I can't afford to rent!?

I had to get help with my debts a few years ago and I have made an arrangment with a reputable organisation to pay small amounts each month interest free. However I am committed to paying as much as I can every month as I think that until the debt is clear, or seven years, I am not entitled to any credit. Its not that I want credit as such but even getting a gas account is impossible if you are blacklisted. The situation means that I cannot afford to live on my own, so I have ended up having to be a lodger, which is better than living is a dodgy flat and having your windows smashed in, but I have no security of tenancy and I feel one step up from being homeless. I am too proud to confide in anyone about this so I tell people I am paying off student loans and saving some cash etc. I owe about 拢10,000 and it will take a hell of a long time to pay off. yet I can't stay like this for much longer. How could a simple debt have escelated to this?I have a terrible accomodation problem. My debts have put me in a position where I can't afford to rent!?
Hi


Get yourself down to the CAB for advice on this.


They are free and confidential and believe me they have heard it all before so dont be embarassed to tell them everything.You'll probably feel alot better by telling someone.


They will be able to go through all your options with you, it might feel like the end of the world but there are plenty of options available to you.





Good luck.I have a terrible accomodation problem. My debts have put me in a position where I can't afford to rent!?
we have all been in a situation likethis at least once. I havetaken in a roommate to help with expenses and sooner or later it all gets better. takes time and we need to establish a budget that works and stick to it. have learned my lesson in that regard.sometimes a debt consolidation it the only option.
Go to the CAB, they'll point you in the right direction. If you're on a low income, don't a shy to ask about benefits/tax credits you may be entitled to.
Stop thinking of this as a massive problem that is hanging over you. Think of it as a problem that you have had and are now taking positive steps to overcome. Think of the month ahead only, and ensure you can afford to pay your rent eat, stay clean and clothed. Put a bit aside for some fun, and then what is left can be used to pay off the debt. Once you have a realistic budget to work to it will be much easier to cope.
Road Runner and Paul D take there advice
Sorry to hear sbout you problem,but thousands are in the same boat as you. What you have done so far is a step towards financial freedom but it will take a long time ,at least 60 months i guess.


Don`t give up just because you feel down,spiraling debt in the UK has left a 60% increase in repossesions and insolvensies up 10 fold on this time last year.Bankruptcy may seem an option but it`s only for the brave as it could lead to trouble in securing a loan in the future.


Many thousands have stepped off of the housing ladder this year,we did some years age but it was a choice we made by selling our house and living on a narrow boat to escape what we percieved as the rat race.


There is one thing you could do, but it`s not really advice more of a last option if all else fails and you feel so down that you see no way out,,sell up everything you don`t need and move abroad for 6 years,find work in the agricultural sector around the Med` and move back to the UK when the debt has been written off.That, some would say is financial suicide but many have done it.


If you just want to work for your freedom then be prepared for a long haul.


And remember your doctor or CAB will always lend a sympathetic ear if things get to much.Talking about a problem can in some ways make things seam a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment