Friday, August 20, 2010

My mother n law is coming help?

My ex mom in law is coming from overseas . My ex and I live about 1 hour travel distance apart .


He has a 1 bedroom apartment and I live with my mom . I work part time and have the kids with me .


My ex mom n law wants to stay with me . My mom is retired and said NO she needs to stay with her son as we are both on lower incomes and my mom is NOT interested in having my ex mom here except to drop in for a visit .


My ex mom n law is angry she can not stay here and my ex keeps trying to put pressure on my mom and I which I am resenting .


My ex mom wants to spend quality time walking the kids to school etc I told my ex she could book a hotel we only have a few hotels close by and they are pricey....... my mom n law can afford it quite well as she plans to stay in a 5 star hotel before she leaves indulging her self .


I have told my mom n law no and she asked if she could offer my mom some money my mom said NO .


My mom n law asked for the names of friends of ours who live locally or prehaps my other relatives if she could call and ask them if she could stay and she would pay half the hotel price.


My mom n law cant get it through her head and is angry my mom wont let her stay .my mom allows my ex husband to come and stay weekends to visit the kids so I dont have travel 1 hour plus.





What can I do I can not afford to rent a place for my ex mom n law but told her she could rent a holiday house for the month in the area we live and we would come and stay . she said she cant afford it but we all know she can she doesnt want to pay when she can stay somewhere for free .





Any ideas how to diffuse this situation . Last discussion was my ex mom in law was told by my ex to stay with him the whole time she is visiting and i would bring the kids to visit and take them out of school a extra day here and there while she is here.


both children are young and dont like to stay over night with dad which is why he comes here . I am going through alot so my kids can spend time with their Nana and Dad .My mother n law is coming help?
If the home where you stay with your kids belongs to your mom. And she has said 'no' to your ex-mother-in-law. Then there is nothing you can do about it. Because it's not your decision. It's your mother's. And she has already decided.





According to family law, only the parents have parental and visitation rights. And grandparents don't have any such rights at all. Which means that your ex-mother-in-law is in no position to demand visitation of the kids on her own terms. If you have full custody of the kids. Then you have the final say whether she even gets to see the kids or not.





It's best to keep peace in the family for the sake of the kids and everyone else. But you can't please everyone, when people disagree. You just need to remember that your ultimate responsibility is the welfare of your kids and not the pleasure of your ex-mother-in-law. And you need to make sure that whatever happens, your kids don't get hurt by arguments and conflicts in your family.My mother n law is coming help?
Your mother doesn't want this woman staying in her home and I think she is right . You have done and said all you can to help your ex mom in-law...so leave it at that. If she wants to see her grand children and spend time with them...then nothing would stop her but sadly it appears she whats to see them on her terms. Stick to your guns and tell your ex he will have to accept it or lump it. This woman is unbelievable in her attitude and your ex is wrong to expect your mom to have her stay in her home. Your ex and his mother seem to like getting their own way !
  • medium hair styles
  • kids hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment