Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get this person who is a addict and does not pay rent to leave my apt.after 4 yrs?

there is this person who has been in the hospital twice and 3 wks ago I had to call the ambulanse again for threatning suicide because I would not give him money for drugs.He is a drug addict and lives in my house on the 2nd floor with me and my business is on the 1st floor.He was supposed to leave a 100 times.I changed the locks and when I went to a friends in Boston he came to my house and called the cops and my cousin who was watching my dog had to let him in.He is crazy and I feel like he will never leave and I dont have allot of money for an attorny.He has no friends and his family wont help him they actually got the info for him about his rights to stay here.He started working but called in sick tonight because he does not have any money for a drug fix.I am at a loss.Can I evict him with out a lawyer and how?What else can I do?How do I get this person who is a addict and does not pay rent to leave my apt.after 4 yrs?
You can file for a restraining order and have them removed from your apartment.How do I get this person who is a addict and does not pay rent to leave my apt.after 4 yrs?
Call the police and have him removed and them get a restraining order.
Go the the police dept. they should be able to tell you the steps to take. Also make sure you give him his 30 days notice in writing, not verbal.
Give him a bus ticket to Miami or something. Make sure he gets on the bus.
I would ask them to leave then order them to leave then move and leave them there. Tell the landlord and let him remove them.
You need to be assertive and realize that it's YOUR house. The landlord can have him removed by the cops if he is not on the lease. Be sure to cover your own *** though. Make sure you are there when he leaves so he doesnt take your stuff or just put his stuff outside the residence. Restraining order is a good idea too before you do that so if there are problems you can just have him arrested.
Have him an overdose delivered and don't call an ambulance when he attempts suicide next time
I agree with restraining order





You might want to realize that restraining orders are no longer easy to obtain





I would call police and tell them he is a Danger to Self (suicidal) or Others (homicidal)





Police will take him to the Emergency Room of the nearest hospital that has a psych ward





The hospital will admit him to the Locked Ward where he will be held on a 72-hr hold





A hearing might be held where he has a mental-health advocate to argue there are no further grounds to hold him





By that time you will have shown he is a Danger to Self or Others





It is easier to get a Restraining Order after establishing he is a Danger to Self





You might not want to mention how many yrs you have been struggling with him and his addiction





A Court misinterpret that your long-standing conflict is not so unliveable after all





Once you have the restraining order, you can call police any time he is in violation of, say, coming within 100 yd of you
move.
I suggest you demand (politely) that he leave and if he doesn't talk to a lawyer or the police or both

No comments:

Post a Comment