Friday, August 20, 2010

Need to know how I should split rent?

I'm about to get an apartment with my friend. he takes care of his grandma so she is moving in with us. It's a 2 bedroom apartment and everything is included, except electricity. Me and my friend are getting the bedrooms, and she is going to sleep in the living room. She can't work and doesn't have money so how should we split the rent. our rent is about 950 a month. Please helpNeed to know how I should split rent?
Split it in thirds. If she has no income then your friend pays her third of all bills.





She has income though. At minimum social security is 980 a month, but I know some that get closer to 4k a month from social security, and I would guess even higher.Need to know how I should split rent?
I think 1/3 each would be in order if grandma had her own bedroom.





But she doesn't. How about if she pays $275 and you and your friend split the rest which would be $337.50 each.





Split the electricity the same way. That would be 29% for grandma and 35.5% each for you and your roommate.





Unless she will be providing housekeeping and/or cooking help, you might lower her part if she's doing that? It's a complicated situation. I know you want to help but you also have to be fair to yourself. Maybe then she could pay 15 - 20% and you and your roommate could split the remaining 80%.





Surely she has some sort of income if she can't work. Social Security disability or retirement? If not, she needs to apply, at least for food stamps. Send them to the local social security office.
you pay 1/3 they pay 2/3. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment