Friday, August 20, 2010

How much does it typically cost to get out of a lease?

I just started college and I'm renting an apartment with some people. However, I hate the college I'm at (wasn't the one I wanted to go to) and I hate the people I live with, so I plan on transferring in the spring.





However, I signed a lease with the apartment complex saying I would stay and pay rent for both semesters. How much will it probably cost to get out of the lease? The rent is $350 a month, Im not sure if that helps at all.How much does it typically cost to get out of a lease?
Read the lease terms. It's usually paying the rent that you would have paid had you stayed there--$350 a month X _____ months and not getting the security deposit back. If the place can be rented right away, you might only lose your security deposit. Read the lease.How much does it typically cost to get out of a lease?
I just got out of a year lease with out a dime, but I bought a condo


and they were able to find someone to rent it as i gave a 60 day notice


if you have MANGO, on site, just go in and tell them exactly what you said here, ask them if you find someone to replace you one the lease would they let you out of it, and ask your hated room mates if they know anyone that would like to take your place on the lease sure at that age they have friends they would like to live with


also if your management says yes you could also advertise on crackliest


and post it on the board / and online at school


if you are honest and NICE to the management and tell them asap


I don't think you will have any problems,
Good grief, what difference does it make on what answer you get from Yahoo Answers, we're not your landlord and we did not write up your lease?





What does your lease say in the terms and conditions?





Somewhere between $0 and $350 x the number of months left on it!





You'll have to talk with your landlord! I would suggest that you don't wait until the last minute!





%26gt;';I hate the college I'm at (wasn't the one I wanted to go to) and I hate the people I live with, so I plan on transferring in the spring.';





Was someone holding a gun to your head?
You will end up paying for the entire term of your lease. It's next to impossible to rent an apartment at a college after one semester. If YOU can find a replacement tenant for yourself, you stand a chance. Otherwise, you will pay for the term of the lease.
You loose your security deposit and any other money you put up-front


( First/last payment) and there usually is a fee for breaking the lease without good reason.
You pay the entire second semester or find another student to take your place. Read you lease, the terms should all be laid out

No comments:

Post a Comment