Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get my cat to quit Harrassing me at night?

My cat is coming into my bedroom and scratching on my closet door. I know he wants me to get up and play with him, but I have to get some sleep so I can work to pay the rent in my apartment. Any Help?How do I get my cat to quit Harrassing me at night?
Have a very energetic play session each night just before you go to bed to get kitty tuckered out.





Get some toys that kitty really likes and leave them out in some other room than your bedroom.





An early morning play session might give kitty something to look forward to, but that might also give kitty a reason to wake you up really early...





My Scamper is a Play All The Time kitty. We have a play session before I go to bed and again when I first get up, and he leaves me in peace at night. Well, at least most of the night. He still thinks night is over at the first hint of light, but since I only get up after dawn for a few months a year, it's tolerable.





If you really can't get something worked out, consider getting kitty a playmate.How do I get my cat to quit Harrassing me at night?
get rid of it! hehehe...
close him in a closet at night with his food and bed!
I have three sweet cats that become monsters by night. Closing the door doesn't work, because they beat on it all night. So, I purchased two baby gates at Wal-Mart (about $9 each) and put them up in the hallway in front of my door. Since I have been doing this, they have not given me any problems. It is a better solution than limiting the amount of space they have at night.
We have a cat and oh boy....same problem but we thought and thought and thought REAL REAL HARD. FINALLY came up with a solution --- CLOSE THE DOOR AT NIGHT SO THE CAT CAN'T GET IN
when he starts to scratch on the closet door shoot him w/ a water gun. but dont let him see you do it, you dont want him to think you are being cruel. eventually he will start to think ';everytime i scratch this door, i get splashed!'; and he'll stop. i did it to my cat to stop him from jumping on the kitchen counters and i worked!
I have one cat that goes under the bed ans scratches it to get our attention. since the only time he scratches under the bed is when at least one of us is in it. we got a large dog crate and a small litterbox and will put him in there at night with some water and some toys.
I make sure to give my cat plenty of attention before I go to bed (I try not to get her all crazy, I just want her to feel like we give her enough attention) - and make sure to tell her GOOD NIGHT. I also close my bedroom door. If she starts scratching, I get up and put her in the bathroom with her food and water. She's usually happy to sleep in the sink until the morning... and I let her out first thing so she isn't stuck in there all the time.
I live in a very small apartment that has no bedroom door. I also have two cats (one is still a kitten) that like to wake me up usually around 5 in the morning. You can try keeping him awake longer during the day, play with him and keep him active, until he gets used to your sleeping schedule. I also have kennel trained them so when they are driving me crazy I can put them in a kennel until I am ready to get up. They are pretty good during the week but really don't like letting me sleep in on the weekends. The kennel works for me.
put the cat in a cage.
My cat used to scratch the door at 3AM to be let out. Finally I threw him in the pool and he never did it again. Short of that maybe put him in his own room for the night.
My kitten does that. He always wants to sleep on my head, and he tries to make a nest out of my hair, which is really annoying. Some nights though, he's really good, and goes right to sleep. Other nights, he keeps jumping and scratching the bed, in which case I put him out of the bedroom and close the door. I have to get my beauty sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment