Monday, August 16, 2010

Collecting rent on time how do i get my renter to pay on time,?

they're always one or two days late i've been nice and changed there rent date to help them with there other bills. and i'm always having to call them and remind them. this time there over the 3 day time limit. i'm trying to be nice as the husband is over seas. back in my renting days I would have been out on my ear. any suggestions.Collecting rent on time how do i get my renter to pay on time,?
You need to explain to them that you have bills to pay too and need their rent delivered in a timely fashion so you can do that.





If you have a lease explain to them (a letter would be best) how they are involation of that agreement and even though you enjoy having them as tenants, a deal is a deal and they need to live up to their end.





Failing that send them a notice to vacate and get some better tenants.





Renting houses is a business and you need to treat it as such.





Having said that my wife is constantly ragging on me for cutting our tenants too much slack; do as I say, not as I do. ;-)Collecting rent on time how do i get my renter to pay on time,?
being kind in this world doesnt get u anywhere ...no1 is nice /kind when its you ..thats business ..so let it be business !
you need to have a talk to the renter and explain if they are late again you will throw them no matter her husband is over seas. i have had the same problem and a little talk works pretty good. i to was over seas quiet a bit and i never was late with my rent.
Sometimes you will be lucky to get paid at all. I've had tenants pay with 3 checks at 3 different times in the month. I've also had tenants stop paying altogether. Very difficult to evict someone and it can take 6 months.
I think the best way to deal with it would be when you are writing up the lease. In the lease state if the renter is late there will be a $15 charge every day it is late unless it has been approved by the landlord. This way it won't really be that much of a headache for you if the renter decides to be consistantly late. As for now If there is no lease I would state that being constantly late is not acceptable to you due to the fact that you have your own bills to pay. Try and be reasonable with them and see if there is some way to come to an agreeable solution for both parties.





Good luck!
This is why i sold my rental properties. Its hard you want to be the nice guy but you cant and now it seems that renters have more rights than rentors all you can really do is charge them late fees and tell them that if the continue to be late you will file for eviction I know that doesnt really seem right because the guy is over seas i am assuming in the military and he is fighting for our country but you have you own bills to pay and if you are late then you get late charges....There really is no easy or nice way to do this you have a bussiness to run and you gotta do what you gotta do. And this jsut came to me...I had a renter that was bad with money and what we did with him was collect so much each week from him lets say rent was 400 we would get 100 each week no matter what if there were five weeks in a month then great thats 100 extra for next month and if you want once you have the extra money from them that would cover a months rent reward them with a ';free month'; you already have that money in your pocket and it gives them an incentive to pay on time if you know what I mean.
The next time they sign the lease I would put in a clause that states that if they don't pay on time there will be extra fees. Be firm and do not let them walk all over you. If the husband is over sees he is still getting a paycheck. Other people's problems should not be your priority. On the other hand I think you are being a little to harsh for only being late by three days. But I would put something in your lease saying that if you don't pay by the 15th there will be a $30 late fee.





My friend that rents out property, she doesn't evict people she just threatens to sell the property. She says that it is easier to sell the property than to evict.

No comments:

Post a Comment