Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am my mom's caregiver, I need help finding way's to pay for school and to live by ?

I am my mom's primary caregiver have been sense 2007 .I have no income to live by on my own . My parents pay for my food, rent ,and everything ,they can't afford it anymore, they lost everything and so did I. I can't afford to pay for my tuition or class fees. I want to get my c.n.a right away ,so I can help out . I don't know how to find grants, or a program I can make it to ,and still be able to take care of her. I am at my wits end,I can't find any kinda help or any where hiring for any kinda job that I can qualify for within 5 miles of me, and I don't have transportation to go farther from my home. I have health issues' of my own (j.r.a ,asthma,and ovarian problems ) ,so i can't do tons of physical labor activity ( I can do enough to help out) ,caregiving is the only talent that I have to go to a career .I don't know how to even start with my plans for a better future .I heard medicaid will pay some to take care of their family memember's but looking into it I don't think colorado has something to help out . Does anyone know how to help? A online college that I could get my cna and be at home most of the time to keep her stable but earn the credits needed ? anything that could help my situation get any better? Please helpI am my mom's caregiver, I need help finding way's to pay for school and to live by ?
Sorry you are having so many difficulties. You need to get on the phone and start making calls. Get your phone-book out and look in the front, where they list all the '; US Government Offices';.





There are listings for every department, Social Security, Medicare, Health care, Education, etc. They are usually the 'blue pages'; in the phone book literally. I am suggesting you call because you need to be able to speak to an actual person. It will be time consuming, however, it is a great source for information. Also, there are always the toll free ( 800 ) numbers available. Get yourself several sheets of paper, and just start gathering information. I have found this extremely useful when I have been at a loss as to where to turn.





You could also talk to your parents Doctor's office and see if they have any useful avenues or suggestions. Good Luck, and please don't give up.I am my mom's caregiver, I need help finding way's to pay for school and to live by ?
First as their caregiver, i think you are entitled to , if not a salary from them, then income for social security , that they may be able to get back also. You should be payed for your work . I agree that you should call social security, maybe apply for disability, or ask them your questions. Find out what your parents will be reimbursed for , for home health care, and all the work you do for them, then ask them how to apply for the income each month, and how you receive it,and how they get their money back too. they will explain it to you. Ask if you can collect from way back when you began helping and caring for them, you may be able to do that , also.


there is a group called intellitec college and another one i have seen on tv , for nurses to get their degrees quickly in theri own time and schedules..........surely you have seen the ad on tv.....one is the guy yelling 'what are you waiting for, get off the couch , just do it, ' etc..... another lists the things you can do, like if youdont like blood, you can be a billing person in the medicial field, or something else.............


anyway, you can call vocational schools listed int he yellow pages and ask around for things in nursing, and ask your questions........and if they know those ads and the names , and ask about online colleges, because i know they exist. you could google also


Also, any community college and other colleges, uni , have advisors that you can call and ask them your questions, and they should also know about online and other resources for you. keep asking
You need to call your local Area Agency on Aging. These agencies are usually the intake line for the Medicaid programs you are talking about. Just look up in the Yellow pages for Area Agency on Aging and ask to speak to Intake about Medicaid Waiver for Aged and Disabled adults.





The other post was wrong. Social Security will NOT pay you a salary to stay with your mom. I don't know where everyone is getting that misinformation. There are state programs that may do some of that but you'd have to call your local AAA to find out. Good luck





Oh, and BTW, Asthma and Ovarian problems?? really? Looks like you are using medical conditions (lame at that) to explain away your character deficits. .You are going to have to beg, borrow and steal to get out of the hole you've gotten yourself into. There is no online CNA, there is a hands on component to the program, you HAVE to be there. Stop enabling yourself to stay in the situation your in by telling yourself things you 'can't do'. YOU CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment