Monday, August 16, 2010

If I live with my parents but pay rent can I fill out on my FAFSA that I live off campus.?

I am going to take 12units when school starts and currently and will work 30+ hours just so that I can help my parents pay most of the rent off while saving money for school. ';they both got laid off'; So if anyone can give me any pointers on how to fill out my FAFSA to get the maximum benefit. I am willing to listen. Really need the money. Thanks!If I live with my parents but pay rent can I fill out on my FAFSA that I live off campus.?
as long as you are paying rent and they are not helping you then yes you can fill out your FAFSA as living off campus and on your own.If I live with my parents but pay rent can I fill out on my FAFSA that I live off campus.?
you should be able to, if you do not hold residence on the campus you go to, and commute. then you should be able to put that on FASFA, another thing is depending on the college you go to they may give you better financial aid because you dont have much income. financial aid in some cases can be based off of your income, i know that graduate school is, depending on what level your on. plus you are supporting yourself and family, also depends on the state you live in. some states have different standards, what you could do is ask your schools Financial Aid office and see what they recommend, as well as look at your states FASFA information for help.





I do hope this helps, good luck with your studies!
well of course, if you are living with your parents, then you ARE living off campus so you can truthfully say this on your FAFSA.





there's really no way around the FAFSA. there's no tricks or gimmicks to get you more money, unless you are going to lie on it and risk the punishment.
No, if you live with your parents, you have to say you live with your parents. But there IS a question on there that asks if either of your parents is a displaced worker (got laid off).





This will help you much, much, more than putting and incorrect housing code.
yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment