Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Should I move, risking being homeless with nowhere to go or deal with this horrible living situation?

My apt. is always having leaks coming through my bathroom %26amp; closet. Come to find out, it's from toilet water from other apts. neighboring me. The maintenance men do a poor job, %26amp; it's happened too often. Too much plumbing issues, %26amp; the toilet won't flush correctly.





The landlord is a money-hungry bully who yells @ his tenants unnecessarily. My lease is almost up %26amp; he said he doesn't want me here, yet he's trying to lock everyone in another 1-yr. lease. He said if it's less than 1 yr., then he's gonna raise the rent. On top of that, if I move out, he'll show other people my apt. starting 30 days before I move, not caring how shitty the apt. looks or how many problems it has. You have to walk 2 blocks distance to take out the garbage, %26amp; ride across the other side of town to pay your rent, waiting 3 hrs. for your transportation service.





I have a disability, %26amp; I get paid $694/mo. The rent is $375. I'm looking for a low-income place, but there's a waiting list that exceeds a yr. I really need advice. I've inquired through HUD housing %26amp; applied for Section 8.





This WHOLE town is crappy. Poor transportation, no jobs, harshly rude people etc. I can't even go to the library without hassle. If I stay here, I'll never get ahead. I have plenty of sleepless nights %26amp; increased depression anxiety because I don't know what to do. I REALLY need help. Please, no rude responses.





Been here 3 yrs. %26amp; can't take it anymore. As I said, landlord doesn't want me here anymore, yet he wants to try to trap me %26amp; keep me for my $$. I can barely afford to live off of this.Should I move, risking being homeless with nowhere to go or deal with this horrible living situation?
Call the Salvation Army and see if they can help you find a place. Or look for public housing for the handicapped. There must be an agency that deals with people with disabilities. The sooner you find a new place, the better off you will be.


You know what really makes me mad....all this money that our Gov. sends out of the country to help the people in other nations when there is so much need right here. Good luck to youShould I move, risking being homeless with nowhere to go or deal with this horrible living situation?
Thanks for BA 鈾?br>

I hope everything works out for you..

Report Abuse



Move away from there and go to a roommate place that screen potential roommates, you're spending too much of your income on rent, you can get a place for much less and no one should be living like that.
Being homeless is not a good idea.


Make a plan.


You should move but move carefully.
If you do not have a job, and if you do not have any close ties to the place you are in right now, why don't you move elsewhere? You obviously have a connection to the internet so you can research other places that you could live, pack up, and go.


If you do have close ties where you live, in an emergency, would you be able to stay with them?


Does the municipality have a building inspector that checks for living standards and forces landlords to comply?


Deep breath, weigh your options, research, and then decide what the best course for you is.

No comments:

Post a Comment