Monday, August 16, 2010

What am I ';not'; allowed to do to tenant in order to get the back rent I am due?

Am i allowed to call their workplace and ask for my money? How about coming to their home banging on the door and ringing their bell off? I have never had to deal with this. Can someone help me out and give me somewhere I can view the law on this. Thanks so sincerely.What am I ';not'; allowed to do to tenant in order to get the back rent I am due?
The very first thing you should have done is learn your states landlord/tenant laws.





Now that you are where you are you need an attorney.





Try this website, it might guide you to your states Landlord/tenant laws





www.thelpa.com/lpa/lllaw.htmlWhat am I ';not'; allowed to do to tenant in order to get the back rent I am due?
Take them to court!!! Don't waste you're time and energy. They will file a counter-suit for harassment. Do not call their job! Do they know they owe you? Has it been a long period of time where they could have payed you by now? Take them to small claims. It's you're best option. Don't let up, you deserve you're money back!!
I dont know where you are located. In CA there is an apartment owners association magazine that has 4 or 5 lawyers advertising that all they do is evictions. It costs about $500 and takes about 6 to 8 weeks.
Consult an attorney on this one.
You are allowed to issue a notice to pay or quit and then follow through with eviction due to non-payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment