Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How can I get help with Christmas presents?

My husband was laid off in May of this year. We are struggling to stay afloat and I am extremely depressed and stressed. I have no idea how were going to give our kids a Christmas this year! We fixing to loose our car, were behind on rent, getting disconnection notices on utilities, food stamps (which we've never had to use before) dropped us down to $200 a month because he gets $400/week for unemployment and $200 a month is hard to feed a family of 4. Were paying our bills as best as we can...we don't eat out, we didn't even get to take our kids to the fair this year. I need help on how to find help for Christmas! Please don't bash me for being on food stamps either...were doing what we can to survive this horrible economy!!How can I get help with Christmas presents?
Sorry to hear about your families hard time, hopefully this will turn around for the better soon:D





I don't know how old your children are but I know a lot of books, clothes, art, Nerf, Lego, Plado, Barbie products are under $10. Sometimes they are on clearance, sale, and sometimes regular priced.





*Toys for Tots is a great program (there are toys for older children too)


http://www.toysfortots.org/request_toys/鈥?/a>





*The DollarTree actually has some toys that children love


http://www.dollartree.com/custserv/locat鈥?/a>





*Goodwill, Salvation Army, other Thrift stores





*Target (all these toys shown are under $25)


(GIRLS TOYS)





http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_br_browse鈥?/a>





(BOYS TOYS)





http://www.target.com/Boys-Toys/b/ref=br鈥?/a>





*Wal-Mart (I Despise this store but they have some good deals)


link for toys for $10





http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.g鈥?/a>





Merry Christmas:)How can I get help with Christmas presents?
Ok first May was a while ago ! He needs to find a job that's been a while and I don't know how yall been living We are in October that was 5 months ago ! Someone needs to be working so yall kids can go to the fair and have fun we have about 68 days till christmas he can find a job hopefully before that and save some money so you guys can give your kids a great Christmas !
right your budget
Has your husband tried looking for another job? Are you working? Becuase thats the first step to helping your situation is to try and bring in as much as you can yourselves. I'm on unemployment for mat leave and allowed to make $179 a week without being deducted anything from my EI. So maybe if hubby is allowed he and grab some part-time work...even if its crappy work the extra little bit helps. As for help you can try salvation army, churches, community care, kids school. Most of these places help or will know where you can get help, but I've heard its rough this year to even be considered since the economy sucks so bad. Best of luck to you though and may Gob bless your family during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment