Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How can I rent an apartment in a new area if I can't get a job prior to moving there?

I'm trying to move to Fayetteville, North Carolina, but am currently unemployed, and Fayetteville is 6 hours away (costs $40 minimum in gas to go there and come back), so it's not like I can go on a whim. But I'm required to have held a job for at least a month with salary of at least three times the rent in order to get an apartment, and every person has to qualify on their own. My mother has offered to co-sign, but that won't help if everyone has to qualify on their own. Help! How do I get an apartment before I get a job...I need somewhere to live while I job-hunt!How can I rent an apartment in a new area if I can't get a job prior to moving there?
I lived in Fayetteville for about a year. I got a job before moving there, but most places wouldn't give me a chance because I didn't have 6 months on the job and hadn't started yet to get a pay check. I stayed at the Extended Stay America off of Skibo Rd for about 3 months while I worked. Then I went to Remax and filled out an application for an aparment at a neighborhood called Stewarts Creek.





I'm not going to lie to you, the Extended Stay was NOT cheap. However, it did provide me a place to stay while I started my job and got a few months and paychecks under my belt. I wish you the best of luck -- I really miss living there!How can I rent an apartment in a new area if I can't get a job prior to moving there?
I know it isn't easy to rent an apt. not having a job. What you can do is rent a room at a hotel. They charge weekly or even monthly. Another option is to give a 2 or 3 months rent in advance with a signed lease for an apt. It varies from rentals to rentals. Sometimes it is necessary to have someone co-sign so take upon your mother's offer if you're comfortable with it. Good luck with job hunting.
how do you plan to pay for your apartment without a job first?





maybe the apartment will accept a letter from your new company stating your salary and your start date as proof you can afford the place.
If u can pay the deposit and the full lease term say a 6 month lease up front and ur credit is good u should be able to find a place. Once u get ur job give all info to the property and if u stay renew ur lease and u will pay monthly. Or u maybe able to find a place that will allow ur mother to cosign, how that works in most cases is she would have to make 2-3 times the rent depending on the properties qualifications, but if she has rent and debt as well she would have to make this after her bills. As for everyone having to qualify on their own thats just one property look into others, use a apt. locator thay r free to u and hope I have helped some. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment