Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How should I decide if I should get a 2007 Toyota Matrix, Honda Fit, or 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon ?

I live in Rawdon, a mountainous town one hour from Montreal. I need cheap fuel economy because of the drive into the city. Im a musician and cook , so I carry stuff in the back so need a hatchback, and may sometimes need to crash out in the back.. I used to own a Dodge Caravan but I blew the motor. Im thinking if I ever move from this little mountain that I live on, I will either need to rent a truck or else have a vehiicle with a hook or ball joint on it. I have tried the Subaru Legacy Wagon, and I could see with its all wheel drive, it could pull a trailer easily, but the gas mileage would be the least of the three. . I have heard that you lose the warranty on the Honda Fit if you try to pull something. I am not sure but I am guessing that maybe the Matrix might be able to pull a small trailer not going to fast. Im trying to add up all the considerations. Maybe the becausewillIthinkre costly in parts to fix than the Toyota and Honda ? Is it worth buying a vehicle because you think you might use it once a year oing fromy few years to help you move ? The Subaru wont give as good a gas mileage as the other two goingfrom the rural town to the city, but maybe the Subaru has more space than both the Matrix and the Honda. What I cant see now are the reapair bills down the road and what will be the least expensive to maintain. The Honda I saw had only 43, 000 clicks, the Matrix about double and the Subarus were 75,000 kms and 104,000 kms . They all are going for around $ 10,000. I still need to test drive the Matrix to get a feel for it.. It seems difficult to get the gas mileage, the space, pulling power, and cheap repairs all in one vehicle.. The Honda will be $ 478 to insure both ways, but Ill have to check tomorrow for the other insurances. The Subaru had a CD player but the Honda had MP3 and the Toyota probably does too. Please share your opinions with me on these choices. I am having a hard time making up my mind, but I cant afford to wait much longer because I am off a country road, far from the closest town, and not very functional to go anywhere or do anything.How should I decide if I should get a 2007 Toyota Matrix, Honda Fit, or 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon ?
You have a commercial Answerer responding to your Question. That Answer is an advertisement for an insurance site. My experience with these Answers (There are a couple of them and each particular one always uses the same verbage, often totally unrelated to the question.) is that when the Question goes to vote, they have arranged to ';stack the deck'; and win regardless of whether they even answer the question.





I have extensive personal experience with Subaru Outback wagons. I currently own two -- a 1997 and a 2008. I will not Answer against a commercial site which will be unfairly voted for.





Sorry.How should I decide if I should get a 2007 Toyota Matrix, Honda Fit, or 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon ?
I have a 97 legacy and am 6 feet tall. With the rear seats folded down I cannot stretch out fully when lying down in the back to sleep, but I almost can and it is quite comfortable with a pad. There is a lot of room back there. Sometimes I sleep with my mountain bike back there. If you need the room for what you do then there's no choice, but if you can get around not having all that room then the fuel economy is another good factor. My mom has a 07 Fit which has a relatively small trunk. It fits exactly four tires, so is not too small and the Fit is noted for having a great system of folding down and up the back and front passenger seats. It's clever, so it might just work for you. The sleeping would be very cramped. I would not want to do it. I prefer the drive of any Subaru over a Fit. I live in Calgary and do lots of driving in the mountains in the winter and the AWD puts it in another class over front-wheel drives. Towing isn't that great on a 2.2L Subaru (137hp) but if you're not in a rush it will do fine. I can feel the difference in power with having just one fat friend as a passenger. I don't know about towing with the Fit or anything about the Matrix. My Legacy gets between 7.9L/100km highway (110km/h) and 11.5L/100km city (abusive zipping around) and averages 10L/100km.

No comments:

Post a Comment