Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Is there any help I could get in the UK?

I suffered a nervous breakdown 2 yrs ago and have been battling depression ever since because of constant arguments with my family. Basically I put my life on hold for ten yrs to care for my parents and my Mum decided she no longer wanted/needed my help and replaced me with my sister who has a husband to support her financially and owns her own house. It left me in a financially vulnerable position my Mum doing this and trapped in a housing association house that's too big and expensive for me to keep up and maintain because I now have a ccj for rent arrears. I just let myself go when I had the breakdown and no longer cared about anything including myself. Now i'm beginning to see that I do deserve nice things in my life and that my life has some meaning again but every time I go to clear up the mess in my house I just slump to the floor because I hate been in it so much with it been close to my parents I keep the curtains closed and just live like a recluse. I haven't got the money to pay for anyone to help me get back on top of things, i'm volunteering because I cannot find paid work and i'm in recipt of Employment and Support allowance (basic). The CAB are helping me with my debt problems because at the moment I cannot even afford to feed myslef let alone replace my cooker and freezer that are broken. I don't know where to turn for help anymore but I feel stuck in such a rut cos everytime I think i'm finally picking myself up and getting on top of things something else pops up and stings me IE I put some old broken furniture in my garden for my brother to collect to take to the tip for me and because he did not arrive on the day stated my housing association threatened me with legal action. I just cannot get my house back in a livable condition no matter how much I try. Are there any charitable organisations that could physically help me?Is there any help I could get in the UK?
Illegal Immigration, just like how the mexicans get into U.S without visa.Is there any help I could get in the UK?
hi, i'm in the UK. I can't think of any charities that would do that kind of thing but there will be people who will be able to offer to help you. This may sound like silly suggestion but have you tried starting by calling the samaritans? they can't give advice but they do have numbers and organisations that they may be able to help you with?


also I guess depends where in the country you are? have you got any friends who can help you? or maybe charity shops? they may have people who could help especially if it means them getting things they could then take away and sell.


Hope this may help a little, so sorry about your situation but it will get better in time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment