Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Am I being taken advantage of or being selfish?

My girlfriend moved in with me about eight months ago. When I met her she had her own place and a car (it was her fathers that she used regurely.) I make a decent living for myself. I can afford to pay rent lease a car and pay my bills, but with not much money left over after that. A few months after being together she got evicted from her apartment for not paying rent. I was forced into letting her live with me otherwise she would be living on the street.





Since she has moved in I spend most of the time resenting her and fighting with her. She only works a part time job and constantly teells me I have no money so I cant help with bills or rent. Five months ago her father took back her car from her and now she uses my car that i lease and pay for and have only a limited amount of miles on. She uses my car everyday . She does drop me off at work and pick me up but I still want my car back. I want to drive myself to work I want to be able to use it after work to do stuff and not have to drop her home first.





After five months of her using my car I told her that i would like to set a day that I can get my car back and I will give her two weeks to figure out how to get herself to work. She tells me that i am selfish and mean and sneaky. She told me I was a lier because I had origanlly allowed her to use it and now I am lying because I am telling her she cant use it anymore. All the miles in the car are almost used up because part of her job is driving around to different houses, so now I will not be able to use the car in the summer to go visit my nieces and nephews or do anything fun because there will be no miles left.





She also does not pay any rent or pay for bills. She has her stuff in a storage room that she has to pay for therefore she tells me she can not pay rent. The rent is 800 and all I asked of her was 200 for rent and bills. She pays 200 on her storage room so I figured that was fair. Then I would be paying 600 for rent and about 200 for bills. not including car payment and credit card bills. She says i am being selfish and not understanding and that their is no way she is going tobe able to pay the rent.





Hpow can she think two hundred doillars for rent is to much. If she wasn鈥檛 living with me she would not find anywhere else where she pays 200 for rent.





She does cook for me and clean up the house a little bit. But I pay for the food that she cooks. She also walks my dog but I took her in and her two dogs and now she is telling me I have to let her other dog which is a pitbull live with me. I dont want to live with all these dogs and she says that I am a lier again because I had previously told her that I would like to live with the dogs. However now that it is actually going to happen it frightens me since our apartment is so small.





She constantly complains about everything i do. If i watch tv to loud she complains of aa head ache. If I want the dorr closed when i go to sleep she complains she cant breathe. My entire life has been taken over by her and I am close to losing my mind.


we just moved to a new apartment together that I apyed for but she fixed up and did all the work in it. I soent over 1000 on fixing the apartment up but she was the one who put in the floor and painted and fixed up the place so she feels that it doesnt matter that i pay for everything and pay the rent because she did the work in the apartment.





Also if i kick her out she has no place to live and will be living on the street. But she already told be that she would not leave anyways and I have no more money to move to another place after putting every cent I had into fixing this place up and moving into this apartment.





I dont know what to to do. Oh yeah she says I am being selfish about the car also because when I drive iut to work it just sits on the street and I dont need it at work. But to me its about the miles I want to be able to use the car in the summer when I am on vacatiuon from work.





Am I being selfish or are my concerns valid? I am so confused becuase she is a much better talker than I am and turns everything around to make me sound like the bad one.Am I being taken advantage of or being selfish?
Wow. Can't believe this. She's really using you my friend, really. You're not selfish at the least. You're a hard-working man and deserve better to have a better life. It seems she's just taking advantage of you. Do you have any confidence in yourself? You're letting her run all over you and she's not even contributing towards anything. What I would do is either: Tell her to obtain a job by the end of this month, or the next, or you'll have to leave the apartment. You're owner of the lease it seems, and you call the shots. Tell her that's that. Number two: Take the keys away from her. Treat her like her daddy does and if she doesn't take notice, tell her to live with her daddy. Three: Bro, you don't need this. See this everyday, nice men who are taking care of themselves and have decent jobs, along with living arrangements being used by some of these women today.





Like I've said, make rules and deadlines. If she doesn't meet them, by all means kick her out. Let her dad deal with her. She's spoiled enough. After that, go out and party with some other women. All and all, you have to be the man. Seems like she's taken your balls away from you. Take charge and get'em back.

No comments:

Post a Comment