Monday, August 16, 2010

Does anyone know how I can get help to pay my rent and other bills while undergoing chemo?

I started chemo about 6 weeks ago for recurrent lung cancer. It is now stage 3 and I am so sick from chemo I can't work. I need help to pay my mortgage and other bills. Every place I go I have not gotten any help. I am despirate. I don't want to have the fight of my life while worrying if I am going to end up hopeless. I am so depressed I don't know if I can keep going with this.Does anyone know how I can get help to pay my rent and other bills while undergoing chemo?
You can apply for Social Security disability while you're unable to work. It might not be much, but it will help. Ask your hospital for a social worker to help you with that. They tend to be pretty overloaded with work, but the least they can do is give you valuable information and maybe a few forms to fill out. You can also look into getting Medicaid or Medicare. That can help you not only with medical bills, but if you need to go into a nursing facility or hospice it covers that, too. There are also not-for-profit organizations like Cancer Care and the American Cancer Society who offer free support, information, financial assistance, and practical help to people with cancer and their loved ones.





Hang in there. I'll be praying for you.Does anyone know how I can get help to pay my rent and other bills while undergoing chemo?
I'm sorry about your situation. If you have worked for a certain amount of years, then you should be eligible for Social Security disability pay. If you have applied and been denied, seek help from free legal assistance in your town or city. Also, you should qualify for Medicaid and other types of assistance. Like i said, most people, no matter what their problem, are usually rejected the first time they apply. Don't be disheartened by this. Just get yourself free legal help and they can help you get what you need. Again, I'm sorry for your circumstances and wish you the best.
There are a lot of government agencies that can help you with that. Just search online for government programs and find one that helps you in the ways you need. Also, there is a large book you can buy at many book stores that has different government agencies that you can use to help to pay for stuff.





A good site to try is http://www.fedmoney.org/
I'm so sorry you have to worry about all this and fight for your life that must be so hard.





Could you do a home equity loan and use that to pay for just your bills? Have you checked with the bank to see if there's anything they do in these situtations?
Have you talked to anyone who you are receiving your tx from? There should be something similar to the Ronald Mcdonald House I'm sure. There is hope for you, but I would start with the Dr.'s office and ask for resources. Good luck to you and I hope things look brighter soon.
Try having family/friends put donation things out for u.
try ronald mcdonald foundation
Have you tried getting disability from Social Security or SSI? Even if you never worked you should be able to get SSI. My niece has lupus and got help from them for over 5 yrs. Once they help they keep you on the program until you are able to work again, if ever, and if not will continue to help by verifying the facts with your physician to prevent fraud.They offer different amounts depending on your income or if you have no income, still offer some help. In Pa. they have a program to take you back and forth to the hospital or place where you get chemo, and also have childcare for your kids while you are getting treatments and many other services. My niece will never be totally well, as lupus is a chronic disease, and some, including her case, involves chemo. Many States have other problems, and the Federal Gov. offers the Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare and financial help as well. All is not lost as there is help for everyone, depending on the circumstances. Check the State Government website in the State you live and what programs they offer. Also go to the website for the Federal Gov. and see what their programs are. Some programs only depend on your needs and do not care about your employment history at all. My mother is in a Nursing Home, aged 96 and it is all being paid by Medicaid, since she had no money and no job. Take care of your health first and foremost, and try to do all of the research about financial help online. It will save you from taxing yourself and stressing out. A positive attitude is important so do not give up. Worrying about any of this will not help your condition. Try to take care of one thing at a time and the first thing is your health. Do your research, as I said online. God bless, GinaK

No comments:

Post a Comment