Monday, August 16, 2010

Can you get help with your rent from the council if you are doing a degree in the UK?

I am a mature woman of 50 and would like to know if it is possible to get housing benefit to pay for accomadation while doing a degree. Also can I get a maintenance grant, and the tuition fees paid? I am unemployed and have no savings.I am british born but am living in southern Ireland at the moment. how much rent allowance could I claim and how much would the grant be? Would I have to pay these back?Can you get help with your rent from the council if you are doing a degree in the UK?
students can only claim housing benefit if they have a child or a disability so no you won't.





You also need to be 'ordinarily resident' in the UK for 3 years to qualify as a home student.

No comments:

Post a Comment