Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do I DO GARDENING FOR LANDLORD in order to REDUCE RENT?????

I am going to rent one room in a single house, when I negotiate the rent with my landlord, he asks me to help do the gardening of the house in order to compensate the rent...Now he asks me to do 10 hr/month so I will get $100 off...Is the 10hr/month too much for only $100 off (now my rent is $450)???





btw, i am a college student...How do I DO GARDENING FOR LANDLORD in order to REDUCE RENT?????
Make sure the lawn is mowed. you can find cheaper bulb flowers that will come back yearly. I would go that route. We bought several for the home we rent- i would especially recommend Star Gazer Lilies. They are pretty have a nice scent and really liven up any area. On the two plants we have of this there are probably between 8 and 12 buds. It just seems to take forever for them to bloom. Good Luck.How do I DO GARDENING FOR LANDLORD in order to REDUCE RENT?????
Pretty much what he is giving you is $10 an hour to do the work. That is nothing. You can do 2 .5 hours a week . I would kill for $450 rent. I think that is pretty fair.
You must have never had a job??? I would have loved to have had a job in college where I worked 10 hours per month for $10 per hour. I'm sure the hours are flexible too. Sounds like a good deal. If you don't want to do it, say you changed your mind and you'd rather pay the extra $100 per month. Don't insult him though, because he was essentially paying you $10 per hour cash...If you had a paycheck from someplace you would need to make about $12.50 per hour to bring home $10.
I don't think ten (10) hours a month is too much to ask, that is $10 a hour for the $100 off. I would be asking exactly what yardwork he wants you to complete, i.e., rake, mow, weed, what? Sounds like a good deal to me since you did not mention you have to do anything but clean you own room.
No, that's pretty do-able. I think that is fair. I mean, it's not 10 hours a day, so you can break it up how every you feel you can work it.
Try gardening in a bikini, that might get more taken off the rent. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment